Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 1 @ Raquette Lake!

WOW and AMAZING are my two words to describe my first initial visit here. Before I left to come here, i really did not know what to expect. Everyone who had ever been here said it was such a great place and an awesome experience. I am really impressed with this place. Historical aside, this place is gorgeous! The buildings are extremely well taken care of, super clean, and of really nice quality. Dinner was also sooo good!

I really like that we have all three educators, Beth, Karl and Tim, to help guide us and teach us about this place and the history behind it. I think they agree too that it's nice that they can divide up and work together to give us the best experience possible. I also enjoy three different perspectives that individually they bring to the table. Already I like how the chemistry of the class is coming together and what a fun week we have in store!

Seeing and learning about the structures and design is very neat. I have already been to the Adirondack Museum so I already have a taste for the great craftsmanship and respect that goes into these buildings, tables, chairs, doors, dressers etc. I find it so impressive how each was so careful constructed and I do hope to have a little something like this in my own home someday.

I find it both great and humorous that Tim seems to have so much to talk about that we end up running out of time! I feel like this will be an on going theme this week, and I like it. You can never learn too much and I want to get as much out of everyone here as possible!

It is such a beautiful night. As I am sitting on the balcony porch facing the lake a boat has gone by and the sweet sound of the waves hitting the edge is sweet and I love it. I also can hear some bird calling out and it makes me so happy to have decided to write my blog out here in the late night.

Our hike/tour was incredible as well today, though I was not feeling the movement right after dinner!!!! Not only did we see a fawn and its mother at the Barque???? the cabin that was placed on the lake for the women so they could stay away from the spring annoying black flies! Then on the way back from the church, another deer was so close just eating the freshly cut grass as if on purpose so we could take pictures and awe over it! Ooooh this is going to be such a great week, now cold get out of my body!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment