Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 4

I forgot somehow to mention that yesterday on the way down from Bear Mountain that Tim's son Luke heard then spotted an otter! That was the coolest thing ever and probably made my day!!!

It was nice to go to the Natural Museum because I had never been. What I do wish was that we had a more detailed itinerary before arriving to know that it would be an hour away. It was very cool though, i saw some really cool fish and I was really amazed at the shelf of the different mushrooms. I never knew there were pink and purple mushrooms! Also I did gain some skills in the VTS lecture by Judith, though I felt it could have been drastically shortened.

I am very glad also that we got to go to the ADK museum. All in all combined with yesterdays hike this has been a very tiring week. I am wiped out. Getting the 4-5 hrs of sleep is definitely catching up to me., but the cold is going away slowly but surely! It is very hard for me to think and work on my final project in the little time we do have. I feel that I am going to be going to bed soon, and hopefully falling asleep and staying asleep and catch some solid REM, so then tomorrow I can be much more productive on getting my project together.

At the ADK museum was fun for me because seeing how I had already visited there before I was like a little tour guide and ran Amanda and Shala around so we could cover as much as possible. My favorite parts of the ADK museum is the houses up on the hill and the building where you can push a bottom and the giant map lights up to where that part is. It really helps you learn and identify different areas lakes and rivers!

Thanks again Beth for taking the entrance fee. It allowed me to purchase a couple small gifts for my family that otherwise I would not have been able to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment